Stuck in the Rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
Today we got a downpour and when I went out to make sure my plants were getting the rain, I saw Percy (9 1/2" and 6 lbs.) out by a tree in our backyard, about 50 feet from his house. He usually goes in when there is even a hint of rain or darkness.

Today it was like he was stuck in the rain. I picked him up and put him in his house. He still had grass in his mouth.

Do yall think he was enjoying the rain? Or was he freaked out? I mean it flooded a few inches in my backyard - I don't THINK he would have drowned, but it freaked me out because I thought he knew to get in his house.

What should I do?

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
when we have summer monsoons here in arizona I'll usually find my sully outside in the rain, he seems to enjoy it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Most of my tortoises love when the rain comes. They almost all are out there eating, the worm eating tortoises are trying to silently move within "snatching up reach" the worms who have surfaced, and then there are the males with only one thought in mind: thinking of finding some sweet thing to enjoy the romantic shower with.....

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
hey thanks guys! it rained today and i let percy stay out in it - he does seem to enjoy it!

and I guess as long as it doesn't get too cold he wont get an RI?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
All of mine seem to enjoy those very brief summer rains here in calif, rare though they may be.

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i would imagine there is a difference between a warm rain and a cold rain.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
yeah and there is a difference between california rain and louisiana rain

it rained about twelve inches total over a span of a four hours yesterday and today.

desertsss

5 Year Member
I sure don't know about rain since my guys are still indoors (sadly). However, my little guys LOVE it when I mist their tank. They will sit their and just bask in it. They love getting the water sprayed on em.

Status
Not open for further replies.