Freaked out a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
I woke up this morning to what sounded like more than rain- almost like a pipe had broken or something. I went out to check it out and was shocked to find my big Sulcata huddled in a corner on the outside of his house. It took him a bit to respond to me and I carried him back into his house and placed him on his heat pad right under his lamp to warm up. It's only 53 outside right now and raining. As I was moving him in he didn't really try to walk which is unlike him. I'm kinda freaked out because the spot where he was huddled was fairly dry while all around him was pretty wet. The water sound I heard was the water coming down the downspout.

He's a big guy- 6 years old, 60 lbs. Do you think he'll be ok? I feel so bad because I was so busy last night I forgot to check on him before I went to sleep.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
He's big enough to be okay for a short period of colder temps. If he was out there wet and cold for longer it may cause sickness. Warm him up and see how he feels. My bet is he'll be fine.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Thanks Greg- it caught me off guard because he doesn't usually come out of his house, not that early and not when it's that cold. That's what made me think he'd been out there all night. He's not come back out of his house since I put him back in. He's snoozin' under his lamp on top of his heat pad. I'll be watching him close though. This is my first winter with him, so I'm a bit paranoid. :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
he may not come out for a bit.. but I think he will be just fine. just keep him warm and dont worry if he doenst eat right away..

Status
Not open for further replies.