raised garden bed enclosure i made for someone

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
so recently my parents introduced me to a women they know who also keeps red foot's she recently got a baby/juv that she needed a outdoor enclosure for so i made her a 3x6 raised garden bed

11421592_849307408452018_1834325746_n.jpg i made this for her and gave her two fake spider plants and a fern to put in there while the testudo seed mix is sprouting it has a underground hide that stays 10-15degress's cooler then outside

the water dish is in the back side under the board/shade any comments or input is welcome

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
That's really nice, David! Lucky woman!!

it was just really cool for me to find someone else who keeps red's around me seems everyone has russian's and doesn't know proper care here

it's been in the 100's here so i brought the wood in the house and made it lol to hot to sit outside

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Very nice. It is fun when you find somebody locally who knows and has tortoises. Putting the shade over the water dish is very smart, you don't realize how hot that water gets. And yes, it has been ridiculously hot around here, at least much hotter than we're used to. I think we're almost to two weeks straight at 100° plus every day. Closing down the enclosure a couple times a day also helps. Very nice build, if I decide to get another tortoise I might be giving you a call to help with another outdoor enclosure :)

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Very nice. It is fun when you find somebody locally who knows and has tortoises. Putting the shade over the water dish is very smart, you don't realize how hot that water gets. And yes, it has been ridiculously hot around here, at least much hotter than we're used to. I think we're almost to two weeks straight at 100° plus every day. Closing down the enclosure a couple times a day also helps. Very nice build, if I decide to get another tortoise I might be giving you a call to help with another outdoor enclosure :)

you'll have to come to oregon but i'd be happy to help lol, it's been way above normal here i mean sure we normally hit mid 90s but lately 100-109 is average for us lately which is weird

there is a fellow forum member in the same town as me @Team Gomberg but we keep vastly different species practically identical where it counts in setups tho closed chambers

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
you'll have to come to oregon but i'd be happy to help lol, it's been way above normal here i mean sure we normally hit mid 90s but lately 100-109 is average for us lately which is weird

there is a fellow forum member in the same town as me @Team Gomberg but we keep vastly different species practically identical where it counts in setups tho closed chambers
Well, you are a long ways away from me. It was 113 last weekend and it is only 102 today, I will be looking for my ski jacket any minute now. People I know here have Russians and sulcatas, and a box turtle or two.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
The basic build is similar no matter what type of tortoise you have, not counting the gigantic ones.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very nice......Wish you could took more photos of this wonderful enclosure! ! ! !

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
You did a great job. You should be proud and I sure hope she realizes what you did for her. Lots of people have a hard time putting together an enclosure.

yeah she was a older women late 60's i was happy to help, to be honest i was super surprised how well i did lol i normally can get it decent but not all the way
It's fun to build enclosures, isn't it? You and I should team up for our area and help people assemble them...lol

i'd love to get something going around here to spread awareness of what owning a tort really is i see so many impulse buys here

Very nice......Wish you could took more photos of this wonderful enclosure! ! ! !

i can get more photo's she lives pretty close to me was just going to wait until the seeds start sprouting