Rambunctious captive bred gulf coast 6 year old box, it’s January, I never hibernate her or my 6 year old eastern box male, not kept together , she is

Turdleelewis

Location (City and/or State)
New york
She is tearing up her cage , knocking over water dish, moving her hide and rocks đŸª¨ not eating much. What is happening to her? She hardly ever comes out from her hide, when I feed , I pull her out of her hide put her in her water and feed her worms everyday, along with greens and fruit in a separate dish and most of the time has a cuttle bone that I clean the finish off of it. Why is she more alert and rambunctious now? Lights and heat are same year round.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What size enclosure? Time for a bigger one?
How old are bulbs, specially uvb?
Can the two see each other?
Can she hear the other one?
How deep is substrate, maybe she wants to brumate but substrate not deep enough? But, you can't just let her brumate, as they have to be prepared for it.

Turdleelewis

New york
I just wanted to add, that she has an outdoor pen that she spends dawn to dusk and I bring her in at night to feed in the summer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So the one in the pics is just for night time or this is her winter enclosure?
If it's her winter enclosure it's way too small. If it's just her night time enclosure then it's fine.
I'm also wondering if it's too hot? You have 5 domes on it.
What is the temp at her level?

Turdleelewis

New york
Yes that’s her summer night time and her full time winter, she never moves around much until now. How big do you think it should be. It stays in the 80s

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
At least a 3 or 4 by 8. Something like the picture this with a tarp as the floor would work. Put in enough substrate that the pool/bowl area can be sunken into substrate then kinda a swampy wet area and then a dryer and hide area. The greenhouses like pictured comes in 6,9 and 12 feet long I believe. You might have to Google them.
Screenshot_20231228-154220.png