Random spots

theturtlepro

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
So about a month ago I noticed these lighter brown spots, on my turtles shell. And I don’t know what it is. I don’t think it’s shell rot because the area isn’t infected, and my turtle has been acting completely normal. Do you guys know if this is a problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    960.3 KB · Views: 1

zovick

10 Year Member!
So about a month ago I noticed these lighter brown spots, on my turtles shell. And I don’t know what it is. I don’t think it’s shell rot because the area isn’t infected, and my turtle has been acting completely normal. Do you guys know if this is a problem?
It looks like a fungal infection to me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Zovick.
Dry dock and use athletes foot cream on it daily after a soft brush cleaning. Rub in cream and repeat daily for at least a week. If no change by the end of the week, you can stop. If it seems to get better, continue until gone.
You can put her is shallow water during the day. It probably won't hurt to let her be in her home at night and dry dock during the day. Take a rag and wipe off any cream that might still be there before putting her in the tank for the night.

theturtlepro

Florida
Also, can you guys tell me the gender of my other turtle? Or is he too small to tell?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 1

theturtlepro

Florida
Could it be bad water quality? I just ran some tests, and it looks fine right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 1