Raw Food, for dogs, frozen, as animal protein for torts

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
primal.jpg

Today was the third time Darwin and Aretha have tried this formulation, and it's official... they love it!

The first two times they ate, but didn't finish it completely, but this morning both of them had cleaned their plates in a couple of minutes.

The patties are 8-ounces each, and I've been feeding them half a patty each time... Darwin got about 1.5oz and Aretha got about 2.5.

I chop the frozen patty in half and let it thaw in the fridge overnight, then give it to the torts the following morning.

I feed them this food once a week and give them Mazuri Croc-Chow once a week, in similar amounts.

I still feed whole shrimp, salmon (with skin), or chicken livers on occasion, but this is a really easy, no mess, way to get high-quality animal protein to my omnivorous tortosies.

Jamie

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
View attachment 340875

Today was the third time Darwin and Aretha have tried this formulation, and it's official... they love it!

The first two times they ate, but didn't finish it completely, but this morning both of them had cleaned their plates in a couple of minutes.

The patties are 8-ounces each, and I've been feeding them half a patty each time... Darwin got about 1.5oz and Aretha got about 2.5.

I chop the frozen patty in half and let it thaw in the fridge overnight, then give it to the torts the following morning.

I feed them this food once a week and give them Mazuri Croc-Chow once a week, in similar amounts.

I still feed whole shrimp, salmon (with skin), or chicken livers on occasion, but this is a really easy, no mess, way to get high-quality animal protein to my omnivorous tortosies.

Jamie
Suki (my Chihuahua) has gotten so picky that I make her food. Freeze it and portion it. Ground beef. Ground Chicken and about 1/3rd NUTRO prepared dog food.
It really IS convenient to just give some to the torts as well.
I'd like to try that out.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Suki (my Chihuahua) has gotten so picky that I make her food. Freeze it and portion it. Ground beef. Ground Chicken and about 1/3rd NUTRO prepared dog food.
It really IS convenient to just give some to the torts as well.
I'd like to try that out.
I love that this one has whole fish and bird bones and organs as well as meat and other stuff... feeding them something close to whole animals with that ingredients list and nutritional profile makes me feel good.

J

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I love that this one has whole fish and bird bones and organs as well as meat and other stuff... feeding them something close to whole animals with that ingredients list and nutritional profile makes me feel good.

J
I agree