Rawr! Scary f'rociouss tortuss!

Arirang

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hello, all!

So, I took Ollivander out of his enclosure this afternoon and followed him as he rambled around my house, to make sure he didn't get into mischief. Boooooy, was that a good idea! Not because he got into mischief, but because comedy /gold/ ensued.

So, I have a cat, Autumn, who is a classic Milquetoast- scared of everything and a pushover. She is absolutely /terrified/ of my rabbit, Hermione (yet also intensely curious, which leads to some funny moments). My rabbit is quite fearless. And here comes my tortoise, trundling along as my cat is investigating the rabbit cage for the umpteenth time today.

Well, my cat saw the tortoise and immediately changed focus. She always gives my other animals a wide berth when they're on an excursion, but is very curious. Well, Ollivander moves sooooo sloooowly that Autumn clearly stopped viewing him as a potential threat or potential toy... So she sat down and just started looking at me. BIG mistake.

Ollie waddled over to her on his way to the kitchen and just /barely/ touched her tail. She took off like a shot, which naturally spooked the rabbit as well (who just thumped once for silence, then went back to eating hay like the boss she is). The cat, too, quickly calmed down, just staring at Ollivander from around the corner. For his part, Ollie seemed totally unfazed; he kept truckin' on to the kitchen like he didn't even notice a thing.

I love it the way natural order is turned topsy-turvy in my little zoo. Hilarity is the matter of course.