reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
hello everyone, i was wondering if anyoe could recommend any publications on leopards i have read fife,pirog,colton and highfield maybe someone here is published or has a sugestion thanks john

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Nothing besides going through the threads on this forum, you've hit all my top choices. There's a lot of outdated information in other publications, I would recomend picking a topic your interested in and search this site. There have been a lot of good current threads on any tortoise related subject here.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Same suggestion. Since there's a lot of outdated information (due to a recent proliferation of "good" information) out there it would be a good idea to read over what the forum has to say first. That way when you're reading other sources you can nix the obviously outdated stuff right off. Searching around and reading the forum, or even asking questions about what you're interested in, would serve to give you a good foundation of understanding. Then search out any relevant current material.

M

Maggie Cummings

There's... Tortoises, Terrapins and Turtles of Africa by Bill Branch. Some of the info is outdated but then you can always questions us.

There's... The Sulcata and Leopard Tortoises by Ed Pirog, he's a member here on TFO

Then there's my essential favorite...Turtles and Tortoises for Dummies...

John

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
There's... Tortoises, Terrapins and Turtles of Africa by Bill Branch. Some of the info is outdated but then you can always questions us.

There's... The Sulcata and Leopard Tortoises by Ed Pirog, he's a member here on TFO

its a matter of needs i guess maggie i have the pirog book found it to be very pointing out the obvious sorry ed just my opinion as far as the dummy book like i said its a matter of needs

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm a reptile book lover too. I've never found better info than here on the forum and the real benefit is that you can question the person offering the advice or technique, so that you can really understand the fine points and tweak it to your situation. I've learned more in the last 10 months on this forum than I have in my last 10 books.

M

Maggie Cummings

squamata said:
maggie3fan said:

its a matter of needs i guess maggie i have the pirog book found it to be very pointing out the obvious sorry ed just my opinion as far as the dummy book like i said its a matter of needs

You asked for reptile books that's what I gave you. I personally don't need any kind of reptile book. I have my years of experience. You asked for books I gave some to you. All you had to do was say thank you. And that son is pointing out the obvious.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
maggie3fan said:
squamata said:
maggie3fan said:

You asked for reptile books that's what I gave you. I personally don't need any kind of reptile book. I have my years of experience. You asked for books I gave some to you. All you had to do was say thank you. And that son is pointing out the obvious.

SNAP!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
To be honest I don't read care books anymore, I use the net to do all of my research, if info in a book becomes obsolete or outdated how would you know? just my personal opinion.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
dmmj said:
To be honest I don't read care books anymore, I use the net to do all of my research, if info in a book becomes obsolete or outdated how would you know? just my personal opinion.

Add to that, a few phone conversations with folks from TFO and you have everything you need.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You might want to look into Chelonian Library #1, Leopard and African Spurred Tortoise by Holger Vetter.

Danny

John

5 Year Member
thanks tom, dan and atc ill check into vetter thanks john

Status
Not open for further replies.