Red clover?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I'm wanting to get some clover growing in my backyard. I currently have Bermuda turf, various tortoise edible weeds, and wild common mallow. I live in south central Texas so it's hot and dry here most of the year. Would this clover thrive?
The Dirty Gardener Red Clover Seeds, 10-Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWY1UX2/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
I know clover grows wild here but I don't know what types. Thanks in advance.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
In hot, sunny SoCal I had great success growing white, yellow and purple clover in the shady areas or around the base of other plants.

HotdogKnight

Southampton, UK
I'm sure they'll thrive! I ordered some red clover seeds online last week, planted them and they sprouted in two days! And that's UK temperatures ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like the white clover, but it does not like hot, dry weather. During those times it dries and dies a bit, but does bounce right back. I like the it tends to not looks weedy for the neighbors. ;)

Prairie Mom

Try it, Elohi! and post how it goes:) I'm about to use crimson clover and I'd love to know how your red works for you:)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Go for it!! I love growing clover for my torts. I cover the seeds with peat moss and they grow fast!