Red Foot Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

klouise

5 Year Member
I have my tortoise in a somewhat open enclosure. It is a rabbit cage and of course I have a Heat lamp and UVB lamp over the top. I think he is staying warm enough but am trying to figure out how to keep the humidity up?
Any suggestions with keeping the same enclosure?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
by rabbit" do you mean a hutch or a wire cage?
Maybe post a couple pics ......for some tips.

JD~:)

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I have a young red foot in a 4 by 2 rabbit cage and humidity is fine. It's planted up and has a soil, moss and leaflitter substrate

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Try to cover as much as possible. If its tall enough can you secure the lights inside, and cover the rest with a towel or foil or plastic wrap

klouise

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies!
It's a wire cage. I have him in a room that is very well heated, a humidifier, a UVB lamp and a heat lamp. He seems to be doing well

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Um. I hope your not serious. A wire bottom, or just wire sides? A wire bottom....He will not live on. Wire sides aren't great either. For a hatchling, a plastic container of some sort with tall sides is best. Cover the top with plexiglass and leaves holes for the heat fixtures, and this will hold in humidity.

critters88

5 Year Member
RedfootsRule said:
Um. I hope your not serious. A wire bottom, or just wire sides? A wire bottom....He will not live on. Wire sides aren't great either. For a hatchling, a plastic container of some sort with tall sides is best. Cover the top with plexiglass and leaves holes for the heat fixtures, and this will hold in humidity.

I think he may be talking about the type of rabbit cage I have (not for tort my bunny is in there) the bottom is plastic about 5 or 6 inches deep and the top half is wire. I maybe wrong but this is just what it sounds like to me. Anyway I hope its not all wire on the bottom.

klouise

5 Year Member
No it is not a wire bottom!! The bottom is plastic and is like 6 inches deep And then the top is like a covered metal wire. It's like a cage that you Would buy at the pet store

image-129015628.png

Status
Not open for further replies.