red foot help

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDfoots

5 Year Member
I was wondering can you just get a brand new red foot tortoise and put it in with your two other red foot tortoises that you already have or will they fight for dominance they all will be around like a year of age? and I was going to make a really good outdoor enclosure because I would like them to live outside is that the right age for them to live outside?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
When you first get a new tortoise, it will need to be keep isolated from your other animals. Some only do a month, I like going for a year myself. This will give the new animals time to get over stress, for you to get to know it and make sure it's healthy before you even start thinking of putting them all together. Would they all be about the same size? Usually redfooted tortoises get along well with each other. Is your enclosure big enough for all three of them?

REDfoots

5 Year Member
Thank you for replying ummm..... yes they would be the same size and all would fit in the enclosure :)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I had two youngsters and got two more. The new ones were isolated for 3 months.
They get along just fine. There is a slight size difference.
I live in Southern Calif.
In the summer they will be outside in a secure enclosure. I will bring them in at night until they are older.
Hope this helps

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Besides quarantine, there should be no issues. I would just quarantine for a month and have at least 2 fecal exams done. If it comes up clean, it should be fine; if it has parasites of some sort, then you will obviously need to treat it and thus extend the quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.