Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Yay! Thanks for the update [TURTLE]

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Did the guy that you got her from say what kind of a redfoot she was? She almost looks like a Brazilian or Bolivian/Gran Chaco Redfoot.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Bryan said:
Did the guy that you got her from say what kind of a redfoot she was? She almost looks like a Brazilian or Bolivian/Gran Chaco Redfoot.

I asked, he had no idea. He got her from someone that bought her as a hatchling, then couldn't care for her. This guy has 20 something Boxies.
She's not quite a cherry head, but def is more colorful than my other RF, who definitely looks of the "Venezuelan Persuasion". [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I will do some reading today on those ssp. I'm very intrigued by these guys, I want to learn all I can.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Bryan said:

I asked, he had no idea. He got her from someone that bought her as a hatchling, then couldn't care for her. This guy has 20 something Boxies.
She's not quite a cherry head, but def is more colorful than my other RF, who definitely looks of the "Venezuelan Persuasion". [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I will do some reading today on those ssp. I'm very intrigued by these guys, I want to learn all I can.

The below pic that you posted earlier had me leaning toward a Bolivian Redfoot but it could be a hybrid as well as there are a number of people that mix locales. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/attachment.php?aid=60669

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Bryan said:
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Bryan said:

The below pic that you posted earlier had me leaning toward a Bolivian Redfoot but it could be a hybrid as well as there are a number of people that mix locales. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/attachment.php?aid=60669

I would venture to guess, considering her questionable and "less than dedicated" previous homes, she is (pardon my dog terms...LOL) a mutt.

I'm completely convinced my older male is a Venezuelan, has he clearly exhibits all the "breed type" (in my inexperienced opinion).

I have no intention to breed them, I breed show dogs...that's enough work. Hahaha.
These are pretty pets, and I'm not 100% convinced of their sexes anyway.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ImageUploadedByTortForum1384712261.093040.jpg
Miss Sylvia in her morning baby food soak.

Today's menu, squash. Mmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator: