Redfoot yearling won’t eat anything other than pelleted food.

SafetyGirl660

Location (City and/or State)
St Louis, MO
I recently adopted a redfoot yearling and I haven’t been able to get him to eat anything other than the pellet food sent with him. I’ve offered greens, kale, lettuce, squash, pumpkin. I even tried the gel kit with hibiscus, dandelion, mulberry and he is absolutely not interested. He seems healthy, bright eyed and active. He seems to drink well and has bm every couple days but I’m concerned he isn’t getting enough nutrients and variety in his diet for healthy development. When he does eat the pellet food he eats a good amount but will not take anything else. Is this normal? Is there anything else I can try?

nicoleann2214

NY
I recently adopted a redfoot yearling and I haven’t been able to get him to eat anything other than the pellet food sent with him. I’ve offered greens, kale, lettuce, squash, pumpkin. I even tried the gel kit with hibiscus, dandelion, mulberry and he is absolutely not interested. He seems healthy, bright eyed and active. He seems to drink well and has bm every couple days but I’m concerned he isn’t getting enough nutrients and variety in his diet for healthy development. When he does eat the pellet food he eats a good amount but will not take anything else. Is this normal? Is there anything else I can try?
Slowly introduce the greens with the pellets, mix them around. Hopefully that’ll help

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Fruit can be and should be a big part of a Redfoots diet.
Cut a few berries in half and offer them.
Right now, BlackBerry and Strawberry are easy to find.
Also Hibiscus flowers.
Fruit are a Redfoot favorite. Great for jumpstarting eating behavior.
(Notice to other new members: ONLY GIVE FRUIT TO A REDFOOT)

SafetyGirl660

St Louis, MO
Yep that did it guys. I cut up some fruits and mixed with pieces of the pellets and some chopped greens and he ate it all up. ?? thanks so much for the advice