Reduced Pyramiding?

OliveW

Location (City and/or State)
Branford, FL
Today, I was taking a picture of my sweet boy as he emerged from his burrow to hang out with me. He answers to "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" because I did that when we first got him and it stuck. I know our experts will tell me that he has ulterior motives for coming to me, but I'm never going to believe you so don't bother. 😂 I do, however, take 99% of expert care advice here. The only thing that I ignore is about taking him on walks. We take him on two walks around our own fenced property daily and he enjoys it very much, gives him a variety of grazing opportunities and plenty of exercise. We stay with him and if he gets too far away (I hang out in the shade at times, while watching him,) he actually starts looking around for me or husband and comes back towards us.

As usual, I got sidetracked, but back to the point of this post. Everything I've read has said that pyramiding is forever. Even so, I have noticed that Tortimer's peaks seem to be getting less pronounced. So, I went back through my photos and found one at a similar angle and they do, indeed, look bigger in the photo from a few months ago. Is this possible, or my imagination? He has gained a bit over three pounds since we've had him, but I haven't noticed any significant difference in shell size. Last time I measured him, it was only a quarter inch longer. Maybe I should start measuring the height of his pyramids?

tortybaby.JPG