Rescue mission today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I know this is a tortoise forum, but I thought you guys would like to hear a fun adventure from today. I went to repticon with my hubby and when we left we passed by a yellow bellied turtle crossing a major 4 way intersection. Immediately we pulled over and tried to grab her, but she hid under the car being terrified! We held up traffic for almost 5 minutes trying to get her, and finally I grabbed her and put her in a pet carrier we normally have in the trunk for our cat. We decided to rehome her to a local lake behind our house, that is far from any major highways! ImageUploadedByTortForum1368296129.392322.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1368296140.405500.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1368296158.495943.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1368296172.688141.jpg

Best of luck little lady! Hope she enjoys her new safe home!

Last edited by a moderator:

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
:D She made my day. I am glad I got her out to a safe place. I definitely looked like a crazy person in the middle of the road under my car on a parkway, but oh well! I couldn't let her get hit in the road. I'm also glad my husband knows well enough that he better pull the heck over even in a 4 way intersection for a turtle! Haha.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
You and your husband are awesome! I'm sure she will be very happy in that big, beautiful lake. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.