Rescue Russian, Persephone

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Persephone was found wandering around outside in the cold on VA and I offered to take her in as I've got space....

IMG_20200402_141852_709.jpg
She arrived today via FedEx and I unboxed her, fed her, and set her up in a quarantine enclosure for the time being.

IMG_20200402_140259.jpg
So far she seems in great shape... she eats like a horse compared to Chili, and weighs almost twice what he does at 918g.

IMG_20200402_141852_707.jpg
She's a lovely dinosaur and I'm glad she's joined our creep.

Jamie

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Persephone was found wandering around outside in the cold on VA and I offered to take her in as I've got space....

View attachment 289511
She arrived today via FedEx and I unboxed her, fed her, and set her up in a quarantine enclosure for the time being.

View attachment 289512
So far she seems in great shape... she eats like a horse compared to Chili, and weighs almost twice what he does at 918g.

View attachment 289514
She's a lovely dinosaur and I'm glad she's joined our creep.

Jamie
Love her color

Sa Ga

MN
Seriously, though....how long is she? She weighs over 200g more than my Morla, and supposedly Mo is full grown!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Early morning tortoise feeding... the Russians are awake and waiting for me to serve them breakfast.

IMG_20200405_065358.jpg

Persephone eats like I didn't feed her yesterday... mostly mixed greens with a dressing of Mazuri and various dried flowers and weeds, along with some "croutons" of cubed butternut squash.

IMG_20200405_065153.jpg

I always enjoy making food for my torts, but watching Persephone attack here breakfast with such gusto really makes me smile.

Jamie

Sa Ga

MN
View attachment 289750

I love the messy face and tongue sticking out....

J
I love the little pink mouths! Mine tends to swallow everything whole, so I have to cut things into swallow-sized pieces. The first day I had her, I gave her a little cube of apple to help her with constipation (Petsmart lady told me it was a big issue with her). She almost choked on it. ?

Sa Ga

MN
Early morning tortoise feeding... the Russians are awake and waiting for me to serve them breakfast.

View attachment 289748

Persephone eats like I didn't feed her yesterday... mostly mixed greens with a dressing of Mazuri and various dried flowers and weeds, along with some "croutons" of cubed butternut squash.

View attachment 289749

I always enjoy making food for my torts, but watching Persephone attack here breakfast with such gusto really makes me smile.

Jamie
Well, she has got to keep up that girlish tank figure!