Rescued RF’s in need of new home

Athomas34

Location (City and/or State)
Buffalo, NY
I’m in Buffalo, NY. I picked up three red footed tortoises 3 months ago from a neglected Craigslist ad. I was able to put together a go fund me to pay for their care, and they're safe and comfortable with me for now but I am unable to care for them long term. I just needed to get them out of where they were. I'm looking into rescues around my area, but would be willing to drive a few hours to somewhere deserving of them if anyone has any suggestions for me! I would also rehome them to someone experienced. One is 3 years old, the others are 2. Here's a picture of the oldest after I picked them up, and the younger two enjoying some sun. I am aware of the older ones shell condition, it's why I picked them up in the first place and it's been seen by a vet. They were kept in awful conditions but have been doing really well and are just the sweetest. I want to do right by them, so l would appreciate any input!

Attachments

• IMG_4231.png
    IMG_4231.png
    521.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4232.png
    IMG_4232.png
    606.6 KB · Views: 1

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Contact Julie at Turtle Rescue Long Island. She's good people!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@Athomas34 as @wellington said we are a rescue in CA a 501(c)3 Non Profit named Joshua Tree Reptile Haven, we have a saying "Any Tort Anywhere." We encourage to look locally for a GOOD home if 1 cannot be found we will do whatever it takes to help. We are currently working on 4 Redfoot torts from NYC that will be shipped most likely in the next week. I would encourage you to go to our YouTube channel Joshua Tree Reptile Haven and look at what we do. We would like to make large groups of Redfoot separated by sex to avoid breeding, with so many needing homes it's very hard for us to produce more. If you think we may be able to help Please feel free to contact us by phone, website or here on the forum. All we do is Tortoise and Turtle care and would love to help if that's what needs to be done.

Cityhermanns

nyc
Hi - I mostly have and currently raise hermanns, but I have recently adopted an adult redfoot here. The redfoot has a large indoor enclosure for wintering and spends a lot of time outdoors in my yard. I’d be willing to take one or all in to be with the adult I have. Message me if interested, I’m in NYC

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hi - I mostly have and currently raise hermanns, but I have recently adopted an adult redfoot here. The redfoot has a large indoor enclosure for wintering and spends a lot of time outdoors in my yard. I’d be willing to take one or all in to be with the adult I have. Message me if interested, I’m in NYC

You know that tortoises shouldn't live in pairs, right?

Cityhermanns

nyc
You know that tortoises shouldn't live in pairs, right?
I know that, but I’m not saying I have the perfect solution upfront but have the space and means to make improvements over time. I’m here to offer solutions and not the perfect situation. Idk what tortoise in the wild has it perfectly

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you realize a single adult RF needs a room size enclosure dedicated just to them if kept inside? A 4x8 table is not big enough and neither is any aquarium

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know that, but I’m not saying I have the perfect solution upfront but have the space and means to make improvements over time. I’m here to offer solutions and not the perfect situation. Idk what tortoise in the wild has it perfectly
They have the whole wild.
Nice you want to help, but one bad situation to another is not helping the tortoise only the human and that should be second to the tortoise.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
This is why what it is we do is so much work, we have to put the needs of the Tort before our situation.

"Let NO obstacle be bigger than the needs of the Tortoise"