Research, research and more research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logismomma

5 Year Member
I am currently petless except for my 8 year old son and my 5 year old daughter. My son and i have been doing turtle and tortoise investigation for a few months now. My 5 year old has allergies to anything with fur and feathers!!! The ironic thing is that we live on a farm in the middle of the prairies in Alberta Canada. We are not having much luck finding breeders in Alberta or anyone willing to ship to us. We have everything narrowed down to a Hermanns tortoise or a 3 toed box turtle. If anyone can help us out that would be wonderful. Thank you so much Logan and his determined Momma LOL

Logismomma

5 Year Member
Thank you we look forward to learning lots from all you experts !!

Very new on the computer as well!!! Everyone should get a good laugh at misplaced smiley faces, and mis spelt words

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum :) Good luck in finding your tortoise, I am sure you will find one soon :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Logismomma:

1167732xsoycgyth4.gif
to the forum!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Isa is from Canada, but not from your province. She may be able to make recommendations on where to buy a tortoise.

Have you decided what kind of tortoise?

Just remember that tortoises are NOT low-maintenance pets, especially when you will be keeping it indoors for much of the year. I have read on this forum that Hermann's and Russian tortoises are good species for beginners and are very outgoing and active.

Good luck and let us know when you get your new pet! Post some photos for us to enjoy: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

Welcome to the forum! :D

Logismomma

5 Year Member
Thanks!! After our research we have decided to go with a Hermann's tortoise for those reasons!! Both my kids are outgoing and old enough to treat our pet with respect, and give him his alone time. We live on a farm so we will be building a large outdoor living space, however it is Canada so from the end of September to the beginning of May he will be in the house. Or if we have a bad storm in the summer he'll be in the house. Our home is large enough he will have lots of room inside as well.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Welcome to the forum. Have you looked on Kingsnake. There might be someone on there that would be willing to ship to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.