respitory infection ?

Location (City and/or State)
belleville
Hello! i’ve had my eastern hermanns tortoise for about 3 months now, he’s still a hatchling so he’s pretty small, for a little while now i’ve noticed he makes weird clicking sounds or almost like when you try to breath out with a stuffy nose but it just kinda click ? i can’t really explain it, other times it’s more of a sigh type thing, i dont know, he’s done it for a while and seems healthy so i don’t know if that’s just something they do or if he’s sick, i figured it was because the temp dropped in my state but i made it warmer in his enclosure and he still does it. i get mixed opinions a bout this all the time so can someone help me out,
should i take him
to a vet ?

Agathaade

Los Angeles
I just noticed yesterday my hermann hatchling does that too. She’s 12 weeks old.
It is very faint, I only hear it when I hold her in my hand close to my face. The clicks come kind of close together, almost every second. I don’t see any beak motion associated with it or any mouth opening and closing. It seems to come from inside her throat or nasal cavity? No idea.
She seems to be otherwise doing fine.

Curious about whether this is one of the sounds they make, or if it’s a sign of something else.

belleville
I just noticed yesterday my hermann hatchling does that too. She’s 12 weeks old.
It is very faint, I only hear it when I hold her in my hand close to my face. The clicks come kind of close together, almost every second. I don’t see any beak motion associated with it or any mouth opening and closing. It seems to come from inside her throat or nasal cavity? No idea.
She seems to be otherwise doing fine.

Curious about whether this is one of the sounds they make, or if it’s a sign of something else.
my buddy does the same thing, some ppl say it’s bc they are so small that breathing through their nose makes that happen but i dont know, i know sometimes he clicks and other times he will just sneeze