RHP as a bask, yes or no?

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
Can a radiant heat panel on a thermostat and timer be used as a basking spot, if it is right next to a 12% HO UVB fixture? ...therefore combining light and basking heat?

My inquiry is based off of the need for the low clearance of a radiant heat panel.

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
@DeanS is the only person I've heard that has had actual success in using Reptile heating panels as the only heat source setup. I have yet to hear anyone else in this forum that has been able to replicate those results.

Some of us are also waiting for @DeanS to write up a detailed care sheet so we can test his methods ourselves.

Reactions: Tom

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
@DeanS is the only person I've heard that has had actual success in using Reptile heating panels as the only heat source setup. I have yet to hear anyone else in this forum that has been able to replicate those results.

Some of us are also waiting for @DeanS to write up a detailed care sheet so we can test his methods ourselves.
COMING SOON! ;)

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
Ok... I am sure there are many people that can't wait to read it!

As of right now I am thinking it will work ... as long as heat is from the top and the overall structure has a bit more compartmentalization to create more defined temperature zones... Maybe ? @DeanS