Ridges on Scutes

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
From a quick look, without asking you any questions on housing, food, enclosure, lighting or substrate, I would say it needs higher humidity levels coupled with a nice warm water daily soak. If you are soaking daily, then id say longer daily soaks.

So, tell us more about your set-up. Indoor, outdoor, food, lighting, soaking, substrate, etc.

Good luck

Peyton13

Gainesville Va
From a quick look, without asking you any questions on housing, food, enclosure, lighting or substrate, I would say it needs higher humidity levels coupled with a nice warm water daily soak. If you are soaking daily, then id say longer daily soaks.

So, tell us more about your set-up. Indoor, outdoor, food, lighting, soaking, substrate, etc.

Good luck
Zoomed Forest floor mixed with natural loose coconut soil bedding that I dampen every 2-3 days to prevent it from becoming too dry. There is a 100 watt heat lamp that keeps his basking area 100 degrees and a UVB light. I mist Puddles a few times daily in addition to a morning soak of at least 20-30 minutes in lukewarm water. I have failed to keep accurate temperature and humidity levels and today will be purchasing thermometers and hygrometers for both sides of his enclosure. He is fed chopped dandelion greens mixed with rehydrated zoomed grassland tortoise food daily dusted 2-3 times weekly with zoomed reptivite. I have a lot learn but I am trying to do right by him.

8256D6FF-D4F1-4BC9-92F1-C22A9ED31CFD.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's really dry new growth. Maybe your light is too close to the top of his back? Try the warm coconut oil treatment - cold pressed coconut oil slightly heated, rubbed into the shell then wiped off after about 15 minutes.

Peyton13

Gainesville Va
Good that you are soaking. Be sure to check out your temps. Does it get outside during the Summer?
Well. He will this Summer. He joined us the beginning of this past December so I’m already figuring out how to build his outdoor enclosure for Summer. We live in Northern Virginia.

Peyton13

Gainesville Va
It's really dry new growth. Maybe your light is too close to the top of his back? Try the warm coconut oil treatment - cold pressed coconut oil slightly heated, rubbed into the shell then wiped off after about 15 minutes.
I suspected that Yvonne