Riverside CA area- Show me you can care for a DT-Must find him a home.

Razan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Riverside, CA
Member RPG has opted out. I will keep Shellby and bring him to the Living Desert if urgency demands it. Thank you TF Active, 5 and 10 year members who have posted on this thread offering great advice. You are so very much appreciated.

Reactions: RPG

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Member RPG has opted out. I will keep Shellby and bring him to the Living Desert if urgency demands it. Thank you TF Active, 5 and 10 year members who have posted on this thread offering great advice. You are so very much appreciated.
I am grateful for the decision you have made. If you would like, I can help facilitate Shelby's finding a new home through the Living Desert. I will be attending our CTTC meeting there tomorrow evening. Should you choose my assistance, feel free to contace me by PM on these fourms and I will put you in touch with the proper persons right a way. Unfortunatully, young RPG just isn't quite ready to accept the responsibility of tortoise stewardship just yet.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
I am grateful for the decision you have made. If you would like, I can help facilitate Shelby's finding a new home through the Living Desert. I will be attending our CTTC meeting there tomorrow evening. Should you choose my assistance, feel free to contace me by PM on these fourms and I will put you in touch with the proper persons right a way. Unfortunatully, young RPG just isn't quite ready to accept the responsibility of tortoise stewardship just yet.

Thank you for your kind offer, but my husband would like to reinforce the fence line with wood and keep Shellby. As I mentioned, the Living Desert will certainly be remembered as an option. If I see uncertainty in being able to keep him safe and well fed we will check into that. We plan on keeping him.
Thank You. You are welcome to come and visit us and our tortoise habitat if you wish. We are off the 91 and La Sierra, near-ish Lake Mathews.

Thanks again for offering assistance and advice.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Thank you for your kind offer, but my husband would like to reinforce the fence line with wood and keep Shellby. As I mentioned, the Living Desert will certainly be remembered as an option. If I see uncertainty in being able to keep him safe and well fed we will check into that. We plan on keeping him.
Thank You. You are welcome to come and visit us and our tortoise habitat if you wish. We are off the 91 and La Sierra, near-ish Lake Mathews.

Thanks again for offering assistance and advice.
That sounds delightful. You are welcome to visit us should you care for a drive into the beautiful high desert mountains os Aguanga (17 miles south-east of Temecula). When my wife and I get up in your area we'd love to visit you and Shellby in his re-enforced habitat. Thank you, Orv

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
View attachment 232851 View attachment 232852 View attachment 232853 View attachment 232854 View attachment 232855 View attachment 232856 View attachment 232857

So the area I have created is actually a re-due from when my grandmother lived in this home and how she kept her 2 desert tortoises. I built it yesterday so until the planted seeds and spring garden in ready....buying organic will do. They were as happy as any tortoises could be.

Obviously the goal is the give the tortoise the best life it can have. Im a tortoise lover, not hater, so what I do is for its benefit. Putting up a safe space close to the home for the tortoise felt smartest.

I do not have any tortoises right now. Wish I did because this is feeling kinda discouraging but ill continue. I have included photos of the potential areas/ extensions. The Garden and empty one that will be planted with Desert Tortoise Seed mix. whatever tortoise i adopt its going to have a rocking life. sorry you guys dont feel that way.

The tortoise home I bought is from tortoisehomes.com

So, I see you have changed your mind on this adoption....sometimes things work that way. However, I am confused. You show the up close porch attached to the house--where you adhered the boards around the porch/deck perimeter....but then you later show some outstanding pics showing rolling grass areas and really cool spaces...are those rolling grass areas part of the property? and the porch a temp close to the belt location? If so, I see what you were trying to accomplish....was your ultimate plane to set up space in those nice later pics showing the rolling grass areas?

Lauren Tilbury

5 Year Member
Huntington Beach, California
I think that spot is way too small. They need more room that that. I made my "T" something that size and she was trying to get all every time. My Tortoise hadn't been outside in 50 years.... yes, 50 years. I inherited her from my uncle who lived in Manhatten, New York.
She is outside now and has been for a year. She knew to burrow. She roams around the whole yard. I have blocked off the sides of the house so she can't get out. Make it bigger.