Road Trip

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Most of you know I snuck down to my sister's house last week....my grandson has never been out of Virginia...so this trip was wonderment to him...the mountains, lakes drag races...lol
Right after we got there I had a drag race with a full dress Harley...I got him off the line and to about 80 mph...then he smiled at me, up shifted...and took off like I wasn't even moving...it was fun...in fact...Matt is me only Black...and he has my bad habits...my sayings and a bunch of stuff other stuff...save the rest for another time...
This is my second favorite chelonia at my sis's house...He's big and white, kinda Oreo actually...and I can't spell it, so I will write it how it sounds...
Fry nops hillary... Argentinian sideneck...
100_0917.JPG
My sister rarely says "no to me", she would literally give me the shirt on her back...when she says no I always know why...last year she had a young Texas tortoise that I wanted so bad after she said no I plotted how to steal him...gonna be easy because I leave in the middle of the night and she's asleep...lol...moving on...this trip she had another that I wanted...suffice it to say I am pretty good at eye problems so I really really wanted this little Manouria...
100_0925.JPG
100_0922.JPG
and in another closed chamber just above the Manouria were 4 of these guys but I guess I didn't try hard here or something...4...
100_0928.JPG
100_0929.JPG
I just love babies...ok, moving on...100_0890.JPG
My most favorite animal at my sister's house is Dudley, I'm gonna say he's an over 30 year old 125-140 lb Sulcata...an angry, aggressive wild animal who refuses to be tamed. My sister does not have a problem with this as she does not commune with him in any way...me on the other hand, he probably has respect for the Food Goddess lol...while am the Irritant to both Dudley and my sister...haha
so Auntie Evelyn and Matt were off bonding somewhere and I went to take some pictures of Dudley...damn...he's in his hide...so I kinda got on one knee and tried to shove the camera in past the weather strips...but couldn't get a good position...I had a husband who called me fearless, I believe I am just none thinking at the time when I want something...so I lay down flat and kinda closer wiggled closer...in front of a monster in his lair...omg! I have the camera in my outstretched hand but can't push the trigger...oh s**t...I'm fussing fussing when I (oh lordy) hear a GIANT hisssssssss of air..Dudley raises UP in an aggressive jump thing...
100_0914.JPG
omg, by this time I'm laughing so hard and he is getting more mad and more made.. another of those jumpy things...look at those freakin gular!!!
100_0913.JPG
He looks mean because he is mean...when I was here for 2 weeks last year I messed with him constantly, and when he was done...he was DONE! But as the same husband would say...you just gotta push it doncha! Yep I do...so I have been chased by Dudley, and sure he can't go fast as my crippled run..but when you have an animal of this magnificence and stature, I do push it...other wise he's sleeping hahahahaha100_0912.JPG100_0912.JPG

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You had me laughing all the way through your post....sis has some amazing little guys.....don't even know where to start...nice pics btw....it always hits a soft spot when I see one with an abnormality that would have died in nature, being kept and taken care of.....and that you were intimidated by a turtle is just plain fun to poke a little tease at!

thanks for making my evening....work sucked today. lol

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You had me laughing all the way through your post....sis has some amazing little guys.....don't even know where to start...nice pics btw....it always hits a soft spot when I see one with an abnormality that would have died in nature, being kept and taken care of.....and that you were intimidated by a turtle is just plain fun to poke a little tease at!

I am so glad you laugh at me...it makes MY day...I certainly do try to be funny...but sometimes ordinary people don't get what I'm saying.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh... Oh... I just thought of something...and I wish I had thought of this sooner...

Mary and Dudley G...we could breed that massive gular with Mary...I'll be coming down when the passes are clear of snow...March maybe,,,what an idea!!!View attachment 335179
IDK, Maggie. Mary Knobbins may need more tire training before she's ready to mate with the Dudley. He doesn't look like he's the type to "romance" her gently if it's her 1st time. Is he gonna go "D**n girl, nice tities?"

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

Wait a minute...are you referring to Dudley as a freakin TURTLE???? omg! His legs are bigger than my arms...well, maybe that ain't sayin much...but Dudley is no turtle...:eek:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Correct. You cannot call a turtle a tortoise.
Yes it's a scientific fact ? a tortoise is a turtle but a turtle isn't a tortoise?. That's just one of those facts that makes me have to laugh. As a child I loved something I witnessed. It was probably hundreds of baby turtles that had recently hatched swimming in a river. I wanted to keep one as a pet but my mother in her wisdom wouldn't allow me to. She was right. What I really wanted was a tortoise. I was around 5 then. At around 53 I got my tortoise ?