ROLL ON TUESDAY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scumdeth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth England
Hi everyone, I cannot contain my excitement because on tuesday i get my first Redfoot tortoise after months of searching for one. i live in Plymouth , South west England, and Redfoots are impossible to find, but by months of looking , i am collecting "ARRY" on tuesday... SWEET!!
Just found this website so hope to discuss tort tactics after tuesday!!!
Here are a few rubbishy pics of my camo tort table!!

Attachments

• tort table 001.jpg
    tort table 001.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 28
  • tort table 003.jpg
    tort table 003.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 29
  • tort table 002.jpg
    tort table 002.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 30
  • tort table 004.jpg
    tort table 004.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 26
  • tort table 005.jpg
    tort table 005.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 29

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Nice!!!! welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Scumdeth and welcome to the Forum! Since you've been looking for a RF for a long time, I'm sure you have done your homework as to how to take care of it. turtletary.com is a good site for you to read also. As you know, the RF requires a rain-forest-like environment, so I would reverse the substrate in the habitat...that is, put the aspen on the hot side and put the moist substrate on the hiding side. I like the touch with the teeny tiny little clay pots! Where on earth did you find such small pots? You might also think about adding some artificial plants all over the habitat. Baby redfoot tortoises are prey, and you won't see him outside the hide if he feels vulnerable.

ROLL ON TUESDAY!!!!!

Please shoot us some pix when you get him.

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby! I love Plymouth! Went there every summer for the first 14-15 years of my life. My dad's family is from there and we have a big family plot there. We would always camp at Pinewood Lodge. Fried clams at Lobster Hut in the harbor. Memories that make me smile!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Scumdeth, I also suggest reading turtletary.com and Redfoots.com They give great advice on enclosures, feeding, lighting, and humidity, etc. Only the best for your new little Redfoot, right.
Congratulations, can't wait to see pics when s/he arrives.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum :D

Tomorrow is the big day!

Dont forget to post pic of your new little one :D

Scumdeth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Plymouth England
Thank You all so much for your kind words and warm welcome,
I cant actually sit still at the moment and i keep looking in my tort table even though its got no tort in it! I wont sleep tonight.
I have been after any tortoise ever since i was a youngster watching Blue Peter bringing theirs out of hibernation, but ive ended up a snake keeper with various species and now ive settled on 3 boa constrictors and 3 ghost corn snakes.
About 8 months ago i was in the local reptile shop buying snake food and i saw the most amazing coloured tortoise ive ever seen. The shopkeeper told me that it was a redfoot but due to money restraints i couldnt afford it. Typically when i could afford it , it was gone. Then i couldnt find one anywhere, id made the tort table ages ago and had resigned myself to never getting my dream Redfoot.
But i found a tiny advert in the local paper saying "torts for sale" so i phoned the bloke and he didnt do Reds but his dealer in London may have one. An hour later my money was spent.
Ive been researching Reds for the last 8 months now looking at every possible websites that i could find and i just bought a Redfoot husbandry book.
Thanks Yvonne for the substrate advice, i shall swap them round in a sec.
Ive been told its a female but i really want to call her ARRY but being female maybe thats a bit weird, Oh i suppose it could be short for Harriet!!
I am taking wednesday off work so i can spend some quality bonding time with Arry, i might be a bit obsessed.
I will take loads of photos and post them as a proud new father,I feel that my family is complete now with my Girlfriend, 6 snakes and little Arry.
Cheers for lettin me waffle on, i shall speak to everyone tomorrow. !!!!!!YAYYY!!!!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D It is so wonderful reading how excited you are about this new tortoise!! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about your new fella. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.