Romaine?

Location (City and/or State)
CA
I read that romaine was best for her and that's what I have been giving her. Like a head a day-at least-, She loves it.
I hook her up with watermelon on occasion and other fruit sparingly.
Her **** is kind pf runny and plentiful.

From what I have read here I am worried, she has been eating mainly Romaine for more than a year, as her main diet.
I am going to vary her diet immediately, just hope I didn't do any long term harm.

She is the size of an official NFL football, we found her on the road when she was like the size of a bagel. Suclata, female, very active growing and seems healthy.

any advice would be great, thanks

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I read that romaine was best for her and that's what I have been giving her. Like a head a day-at least-, She loves it.

From what I have read here I am worried, she has been eating mainly Romaine for more than a year, as her main diet.
I am going to vary her diet immediately, just hope I didn't do any long term harm.

She is the size of an official NFL football, we found her on the road when she was like the size of a bagel. Suclata, female, very active growing and seems healthy.

Her diet needs to be much more varied, romaine has no nutritional value that’s why her poop is runny and watery. Sulcatas also eat grasses and hay. Read this care sheet...

CA
Her diet needs to be much more varied, romaine has no nutritional value that’s why her poop is runny and watery. Sulcatas also eat grasses and hay. Read this care sheet...

I'm moving in a month, she'll have a yard then, till then I'll get alpha-fa and zucchini and mulberry leaves.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm moving in a month, she'll have a yard then, till then I'll get alpha-fa and zucchini and mulberry leaves.
Mulberry leaves are great. Small amounts of freshly grown soft alfalfa is good, but not alfalfa hay. Zucchini is just water, no point in that.

This might help:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Where on earth did you read that? There's nothing wrong with a bit of romaine as part of a varied diet, but "best for her"? No. Sulcata tortoises should be eating grass. Lots and lots of grass. Then weeds and plants.

Reactions: Tom