Rose petals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay44

5 Year Member
I Have a three year old female sulcata named hector (she was originally believed to be a he)and I was wondering if yellow rose petals are ok for her to eat? I've heard about them eating rose petals but they always talked about red roses. I just want to be sure that I don't feed her anything that could be harmful. Right now she eats mostly varieties of grasses and a little lettuce (not iceberg) she doesn't like lettuce that much or fruits and other veggies. She loves grass though and gets dried and fresh grass covered in calcium and multi vitamins.

Thanks for your time,
Lindsay

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I feed mine several different rose pedals, to include yellow. whenever we can get some blooms.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yes, I feed mine, yellow, red and orange rose petals. I also feed the leaves. They especially love the red growth of the new leaves! Normal disclaimer, just make sure that no systemic or fertilizers have been used on the bushes!

lindsay44

5 Year Member
I grow my roses and don't do anything at all to them so chemicals aren't a problem. I just let them grow however they like to.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Mine eat all different colored rose petals. I like the wierd mixed colored roses.

lindsay44

5 Year Member
Thanks for the help. I've never given her any and just wanted to be super sure about it before I did. I never take risks with her health

Status
Not open for further replies.