Rosie's coming home

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Twelve years ago I acquired Rosie, a newborn, orphaned kitten. I bottle-fed her and after weaning her, gave her to my sister.

My sister and her husband can no longer keep Rosie. They have a small, hyperactive poodle that plays too roughly with the now old and arthritic cat. They called me and asked if I could take her. I'm picking her up next Saturday and Rosie will live out her twilight years with us. We've come full circle and Rosie's coming home. :)

Is anyone else caring for an older cat? I hope the stress of changing homes isn't too much or her.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My grandkids "other" Nanna's cat just died at 22 years old. She never went outside since she was 3 months old when they got her. She was older then the grand kids, and much loved. I'm sure Rosie will have wonderful "twilight" years with you.

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
She should be fine just let her adjust when you bring her home. My 13 year old cat stresses anytime I move furniture, she hates changes but when I moved to Arizona from Tennessee she was 10 years old and she survived a cross country move in a car for two and a half days ride. Good luck!

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
My sister has a 16 year old cat that has been on meds for a few months, but is still doing pretty well :)
COngrats on Rosie coming home!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Our kitty is 15, other than missing a bunch of teeth and sleeping most of the day, he is doing pretty good. I keep warning my boys that he won't be around forever. His hearing isn't what it used to be and he can't jump up on the bed anymore. He usually sleeps under my feet or under my sewing table. It will be a sad day, when he passes away, I have had him longer than my last child!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Thanks guys, I'm very excited. Went to Petsmart today and picked up some supplies.

terryo said:
My grandkids "other" Nanna's cat just died at 22 years old. She never went outside since she was 3 months old when they got her. She was older then the grand kids, and much loved. I'm sure Rosie will have wonderful "twilight" years with you.

Wow - 22 years? Thats awesome. She must've been very well-loved. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have one cat that is 13
I have 2 others that are 11
I don't really consider them elderly yet, no health problems I recently lost the sister to the 2 eleven year old, but she was a runt and not expected to live as long as the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.