Russian on its back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
Hi! I have a question about an issue I've never faced before. I'm not sure how, but my little one was on her back when I got home from work yesterday. I flipped her back over and she immediately went into her hide and slept. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong, are there any subtle signs or something that may show that she was hurt? After two hours of sleeping she came back out of her hide, and was walking around. I picked her up and she fell asleep in my hand. I was freaking out so bad I didn't sleep much last night. I gave her a soak this morning, but she didn't eat her usual massive amounts of food, she did eat, but only about half as much as usual. Is there a problem?

Hauntmom

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I wouldn't worry that you're not turtly lol I think its more that the most experienced people have not been on yet.

Was she under the heat lamp when she was flipped?

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
No she wasn't, otherwise I would have run her to the Vet immediately.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
How old is she? Sometimes the hatchlings climb and flip themselves over. Daisy did that all the time when I first got her. I found her on her back about 3 or 4 times when I got home from school or came into my room to check on her. One time I found her perched on top of her log hide! Your tort will probably be fine if she was on her back for only a short amount of time. If you suspect it could be longer or she is acting abnormally take her to your vet

And P.S. you're totally turtley enough for our turtle club!

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Thanks! She is only about 7 months old. I have found her in odd places before, but never on her back, so I was really worried. I can't wait to get home and check on her.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
The substrate is firm enough for her to be able to turn herself back over and she is doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.