Russian tort. staying buried

Meeshka

Location (City and/or State)
Littleton co
hi all.
I’m new here. Need some input please. We have a juvenile tort we’ve had now for 6months. In the last 3 weeks she’s been digging under her water dish which is somewhat moist cool soil and staying there. We have to dig her out daily as I worry. She’s not eating as much either. Her stools are still normal. I’ve done baths for hydration and her basking area is 92-95. Cool side is 69-70. We haven’t changed anything. Her uvb is the long T8 50 watt. I haven’t changed that yet. She’s housed indoors. We took her out the other day and try to often and she was trolling all over then she ate when we returned her back to her pad. Any thoughts? I’m thinking I should take her to the docs. She is about 3-4 inches. Everything looks clear. No pyramiding, no discharge no runny stool. Haven’t seen as much urine though?? Thank you!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If she is digging in the cool areas, your overall temp may be to high. Do you know what your overall temp is?

Meeshka

Littleton co
If she is digging in the cool areas, your overall temp may be to high. Do you know what your overall temp is?
I do not. Just have a hot and cool side I’ll check and see what the overall temp is. And I’ll get her terrarium size too. But on the one side it’s 92-95 and over all cool side is 72. Cooler under the soil like 65