Location (City and/or State)
FL
They are even more amazing in person!! :D :D
Gahh I just love Russians!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Me too ;) They are absolute hams. I was sitting on the ground inside the enclosure yesterday morning and ended up with a lap full of torts, lol!

mlnauman

5 Year Member
Whidbey Island WA
GREAT pics! was Innya on the other side waiting for "room service"? :p They are a great looking gang!

Kristina said:
Just a quick pic of my Russian tortoise pile ;) Too bad Innya is missing from the picture!!!

DSCF8380.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks ;) She may well have been, she is a bit of a princess ;) She likes it when I hand feed her.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yellow summer squash ;) They also get slices of zucchini, Cucumber, sweet potato, and what ever else I may have on hand.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I basically feed what ever I have in my kitchen. I don't follow a set schedule as far as greens or veggies. The majority of what they (my Russians, anyway) eat is dark leafy greens and weeds, but the only thing I do not feed them is fruit. You can read more about my feeding philosophy here -

Nutritional Considerations for Tortoises - The "Balanced" Diet Revealed

crussellii

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Kristina said:
I basically feed what ever I have in my kitchen. I don't follow a set schedule as far as greens or veggies. The majority of what they (my Russians, anyway) eat is dark leafy greens and weeds, but the only thing I do not feed them is fruit. You can read more about my feeding philosophy here -

Thank you and makes a lot of sense. I was trying to vary daily and green don't keep to long.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
shellysmom said:
That kind of makes me want to have a pile of tortoises.

Piles of torts are awesome ;) I have several groups, but the Russians are my favorite "pile." ;)

crussellii said:
Kristina said:

Thank you and makes a lot of sense. I was trying to vary daily and green don't keep to long.

You are very welcome. I think too many people want to make it all too complicated. This method has worked well for me for many, many years and certainly makes life easier!

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
whaou ! they are really nice.
great russian family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.