Russian Tortoise seeking loving MN home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginap89

Looking to place my Russian tortoise, "Torty," in a loving home. I simply don't have the time to care for him as I should and I have no one to help me.

I purchased him in December 2010. He is still very small measuring roughly 4.5 inches "tall." He loves tomatoes, pineapple and bell peppers. He enjoys exploring and getting out of his home to stretch his legs (keep your eye on him or you'll lose him).

I have a 50 gallon terrarium with custom built second level (room to burrow in, ramp and upper level to bask and eat on) plus light fixtures.

I live in the Minneapolis area and need someone who also lives in the Twin Cities to take good care of him for me.

If you are at all interested please let me know.

Gina

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Oh, dear, it's a sad thing to give up a tortoise. In the meantime, modify his diet to broad leaved leafy greens. Tomatoes and pineapple are not good for him - they can't digest the sugars in fruit much as they'd like to.

ginap89

I give him lettuce every day and only feed him tomatoes and pineapple on occasion. Usually it's vegetables.

lisalaw

Hello! My name is Lisa, and I live in the Twin Cities as well! My husband and I are looking for a Russian tortoise, we were just starting our search this weekend for my birthday :) I previously owned one as a child before I moved and gave it to a friend, so I do have experience and some supplies. Maybe we can talk more?

Status
Not open for further replies.