Safe glass cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknfrmr

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kernersville, NC
I am going to clean out my sulcatas home and was wondering what is the best thing to clean the glass with. I'm guessing just water but its not working to well. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your time.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well if the animals out of the cage... And you want to disinfect also... Alcohol or bleach in very small percentage diluted in water... Works great for cleaning and disenfecting... Also chlorhexidine works great..diluted...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
White vinegar cleans glass pretty well.

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
Diluted vinegar, swish it around, let it sit for 30 mins. Rinse well, wipe dry. Ensure there is no smell remaining.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
1 to 10... So roughly 1 cup water and add a little less than a 1/8 cup of bleach... Wash let sit... Rinse let dry your good..

cknfrmr

5 Year Member
Kernersville, NC
Going to do it right now. Yall are the best and always most helpful. Thanks again. Hope yall have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
ABSOLUTELY white vinegar! Works better than any ammonia product...and no ill effects! Just rinse it out really good, so that smell dissipates quickly;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wipe over with diluted bleach to kill the bacteria. Get rid of the smears with a micro-fiber glass cloth.

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Method makes a organic plant based antibacterial all purpose spray (say that ten times fast). Wouldn't that be better than bleach??

Status
Not open for further replies.