Safe to eat?

P

pguinpro

Checked tortoise table but wasn't that clear, got prickly pear cactus, aloe vera, hibiscus perennial?

Thanks in advance for clarification.1529194647338.jpeg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Those are all edible and good for torts. Make sure they are organic. If not, they were treated with something dangerous. I’ve read on here that you’ll need to repot and hold off feeding it to them for about one year.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
They are all good but if they’ve come from a commercial nursery they have been treated with long-term pesticides. As noted above you’ll need to repot them and wait a year to feed out.

That’s a long time to wait, I know. We’ll help you figure out what to feed in the meantime.

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
SoCal
just a note:) my silly tortoises will not touch hibiscus that is white or yellow but they all love deep pink and reds:) silly things, and no offense that cactus is not a prickly pear:) lol, i know I have it - the thorns are literally an inch long, yours looks like opuntia which is actually the good stuff, as prickly pear is not that tasty, unless it is a fruit:) i never feed mine aloe, i am waiting for my sulcata to get big - he will eat everything in site:)