Safe Wood Stain for indoor enclosure??

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Buffalo, NY
Hi All- can anyone recommend a safe wood stain to use for the outside of my enclosure? It’s going to be in my livingrolm so I prefer it to look nice. I plan to let it air dry a week before bringing it inside. I’m lining the bottom And 6 inches up the sides with linoleum and sealing using aquarium caulk. My last step
Is to buy stain, any suggestions?

Thank you

Bambam1989

East Texas
I would think that if it's on the outside of the enclosure it should not matter as long as all fumes have evaporated...
I would definitely get a second opinion. The only thing I have ever stained is my clothes and my canvas..

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
Thank you!!!! This has been quite the process!! Now my struggle is how to have the heat lamp and uvb on the enclosure

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hang the basking lamp, or MVB, and any CHE from reptile lamp stands like this or make your own
0F9E37B6-0980-4F5A-8CC2-58787A8E8663-2618-000002A9E81E0966.jpg

If you’re using tube UVB then mount the fitting on a piece of wood and put that over the top of the enclosure. The packaging should say how high

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
I do have those now. The enclose will have 2 "T" type things made from wood that i can hang the heat lamps on. For the UVB, I plan to use the strips - 2 24 inch ones. The side is 18 inches, Can I mount that On the top side?