Saki-Hikari Turtle Floating Pellets

Skyisthebest

I just bought a 45g pack to try, costs me $4.50. My res, Sky, is a very picky eater. So you can imagine my relief when my $4.50 wasn't put to waste. He gulped it all down! (Not the whole packet, of course haha just his usual feeding portion of as much as he can eat in 3-5mins because he eats really fast).

I have read that Hikari brand food is the best all around. And when I opened the packet it smelled so good! Almost like human food! I realised they put rosemary and thyme in there which made it smell so fragrant.

Anyone has tried it already, or have any comments so share? It's my first time buying Hikari brand (very rare in my country). Thanks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I use mostly Hikari foods for my giant fishes.
While I know nothing about the turtle food, everything that I've ever purchased made by them has been of the highest quality and well received by my animals.
Maybe you should also post this under product reviews.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
When I unexpectedly acquired a map turtle and had no idea what to feed him, I relied heavily on this article.

http://theturtleroom.com/blog/2012/04/27/commercial-foods-benefitsuses-staplessupplements/

I've bought him Hikari carnivorous sinking pellets, omega one adult turtle sticks, and mazuri turtle diet based on the rank and description given. He loves all of them now that he's worm free, and I think the quality of food has helped him recover from all of his issues!

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
The Hikari carnivore sinking pellets ARE great, but shockingly expensive.

My turtle is so tiny, the whole bag will last a year!! It's so nice having a SMALL turtle in comparison with my redfoot, who destroys everything in her enclosure so I can't put nice things in there.

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
I actually use the hikari wheat germ pellets for my two RES's. They have a harder time shedding but the wheat germ helps quite a bit.
I love it and so do my turtles but jeez is it expensive!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Hikari pellets are certainly among the best prepared foods I've ever used. Have been feeding their Cichlid Gold, Massavore Diet and Carnivore Sinking pellets to my Kinosternon and Staurotypus for years...especially the Cichlid Gold. Have also incorporated the algae wafers into my aquatic turtles diet from time to time.
But Zeropilot is right--the stuff is expensive!
Recently I've been trading a neonate or two to my local reptile store for Hikari foods. I'm probably losing my shirt in the process but at least I don't have to lay out cash;)