Santa Barbara magazine article on Eric Goode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annaliisas

5 Year Member
Has anyone seen the article in Santa Barbara magazine on Eric Goode and his turtle and tortoise sanctuary in Ojai, California? If not, it is a fabulous article on his sanctuary. I personally am drooling over his enormous greenhouse that house some of the torts. You should see it! Brick wall enclosures for the different turtles in a kind of rainforest setting. It says they are impressed tortoises that come from Southeast Asia. Really cool! Really neat setup that could be reproduced for other species to their own specifics. And the radiated tortoise that he is holding... So impressive, I must say!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Can you post the article or tell us where to find it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I haven't seen it, but a few years ago that same magazine featured an article on Turtle Dreams, the turtle sanctuary that Jeanne Vaughn operates. They do it up really nice. I'm pretty sure the magazine is local only. I tried to find it online and the article wouldn't come up.

Annaliisas

5 Year Member
I'll try to scan it. The photos of his enclosures are just phenomenal! But the article is great too! It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can do it. I have orders to fill (I make spicy pepper jelly) and I have to go to regular work. Would PDF or jpeg work better for this site?

I tried to find it online, but just kept coming up with info on how to subscribe. My mother has the magazine, she is a decorator. It is a great southern Cali, relaxed, green, lifestyle mag!

Annaliisas said:
I'll try to scan it. The photos of his enclosures are just phenomenal! But the article is great too! It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can do it. I have orders to fill (I make spicy pepper jelly) and I have to go to regular work. Would PDF or jpeg work better for this site?

I tried to find it online, but just kept coming up with info on how to subscribe. My mother has the magazine, she is a decorator. It is a great southern Cali, relaxed, green, lifestyle mag!

I live in Phoenix, and they have it on news stands.

Annaliisas

5 Year Member
jeffbens0n said:
I believe you are talking about the Behler Chelonian Center... http://turtleconservancy.org/bcc/

They have a lot of good photos on their site.

Yes! The impressed tortoises Pictures as the photo of his greenhouse enclosure! So cool! It's not the article which I hope to scan, but this place is cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.