Saved me a turtle today

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
My wife called me to say she almost ran over a turtle in front of our house. I happened to be right around the corner so I came and got it. Normally you should just help it across the road and be on your way but in my neighborhood there's no good reason for a turtle to be this far down the neighborhood unless some kids took it from the park an released it near me. Our community has a park and a walking trail that goes around a big pond filled filled with turtles. This guy had dry mud all over him and you could tell he was stressed walking on hot blacktop so I took him back to the pond where I know he came from. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410315606.937090.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410315621.224082.jpg

He didn't move until I backed up about 6' and he made a real quick B-line for the water.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
My son named him Leonardo and that "it's a perfect name dad" then he told me how the turtle hated me

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, kids are so funny. Nice save. That turtle will love you forever. Well, that's if he knew what you had done for him :D

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
My wife had to take Noah by the park today so he could go see if his turtle was there. Of course he saw 100 of them and they were all HIS turtle

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tryme

5 Year Member
London
Well done

Coming from london i read this in a real deep south forest gump accent lol

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Love it! I've done that a few times. It's a reward watching them rush back into the water!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
He sure looks like a nice specimen ;) I bet you'll see him cruising around again :p

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
At least you know you have a healthy population there! The first one looked like my RES, expect she's got like, this, FAT head! I think she's bit bigger too... have you seen any other types of turtles around? 'scuse the ignorance, but do painted turtles live around there? They are so cute, I beleive RES and most painted turtles s0pecies are 'colonial' so they must live some where around together... (expect here! :D )