Saved some turtle eggs

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Hey guys,
Got a call from my daughter this morning saying she had some eggs that were dug up in her yard. So i drove over there and found the nest scavenged through (probably a coon) i was able to dig around and save 9 eggs. My guess would definitely be snapper eggs since there were between 30 and 40 eggs total. I have them in the incubator now at 81 deg and 80% humidity. Ill keep u guys updated wish them luck! Heres a pic from when i collected them.
5A6AB414-9F23-411B-B9A2-415C69FB8636.jpeg

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Just wondering though. Should you have buried them back up and put a barrier around them to keep varmits away?
I mean i was standing in the pouring rain with no supplies and in my mind it was their best chance of making it. I know whatever came the first time would most likely come back. I will be releasing them back to the closest body of water where they were laid once they hatch and yolk sac absorbed

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
So its been a week since I put the eggs in the incubator and still early but i decided to do a quick candling. Not a great pic but I do see some possible development. Experts feel free to chime in.
967282F6-4075-4688-A35E-9A375E310EFA.png