Saved some turtle eggs

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ma
I've been waiting years for Mark to come build a pond with me!

Here is your win: You can have snappers legally, without a bunch of ridiculous and expensive permits, licenses, and fees where you are. I can't. :(
Ok finally! Yes i can have 2 and incandescent lights to heat them lol!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
There is a possibility i may keep one. Ive always been fascinated by snappers . Just their majestic dinosaur presence. We will see
Why not? They are fascinating animals and a joy to raise from hatchlings. They take to pelleted foods easily. Both water turtle and fish pellets when young.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why not? They are fascinating animals and a joy to raise from hatchlings. They take to pelleted foods easily. Both water turtle and fish pellets when young.
I agree. I've cared for adult common snappers and raised one baby alligator snapper. They are really easy keepers.

@Chubbs the tegu You should keep at least one. And also get a chuck, and a banana pectinata. You only live once man. Better enjoy it while you can.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I truly don't understand keeping the snappers. I see on GST Chris just wade into his pond with the alligator snappers and I'm like - how do you know they wont chomp down on your calf???

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
I truly don't understand keeping the snappers. I see on GST Chris just wade into his pond with the alligator snappers and I'm like - how do you know they wont chomp down on your calf???
Actually snappers in water are not usually aggressive . Its when they are out of water when they are defensive

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's because you've never had one. They are awesome.

Have you run into any friends, family or neighbors that don't understand why you like tortoises and why you'd want to spend so much and work so hard to take care if one? "What does it do?", they often ask...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
That's because you've never had one. They are awesome.

Have you run into any friends, family or neighbors that don't understand why you like tortoises and why you'd want to spend so much and work so hard to take care if one? "What does it do?", they often ask...
No, seriously -- i don't understand how you can wade into a pool of water and know you wont get chomped...