Saved some turtle eggs

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ma
So awesome. Thank you for sharing.

More updates please. Since I don't currently have one, more updates please. I'm living vicariously.
Hes doing great ! Solid weight gain. The separate container feeding is a life saver for keeping the water clean.. hes on a nice routine.. i come home put him in his feeding container for 20 min he eats and poops and then we have a lil play time for 10 min until he goes back in.
One thing i never realized is how much these lil guys shed their skin. Ill shut up now and show u some pics
IMG_2405.jpegIMG_2406.jpegIMG_2407.jpegIMG_2409.pngIMG_2410.pngIMG_2411.pngIMG_2412.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm suffering from terrible turtle envy right now... Hope you are enjoying your "win".

This is so awesome! I love the separate feeding tub idea too. In the past I did that with snappy snakes to lessen that feeding response when the cage door opened, but it makes perfect sense to reduce the feeding mess for an aquatic turtle. Plus the daily handling will serve you so well. This will grow up to be one of those dog tame lap snappers. This thread made me start looking for more snapper info, and I've been binge watching for several days now. Have you seen this one? It changed how I look at snappers. I've been handling them and working with both alligator snappers and commons since the mid 90's, and this one video opened a whole new way of looking at them. I had no idea:

I feel like the people who have been breeding and keeping sulcatas and leopards dry for 30 years and all of a sudden realize how wrong they are/were about these animals they've been handling for so long...

I'm learning a lot and thoroughly enjoying your experience. Please continue these updates for a long time.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
I'm suffering from terrible turtle envy right now... Hope you are enjoying your "win".

This is so awesome! I love the separate feeding tub idea too. In the past I did that with snappy snakes to lessen that feeding response when the cage door opened, but it makes perfect sense to reduce the feeding mess for an aquatic turtle. Plus the daily handling will serve you so well. This will grow up to be one of those dog tame lap snappers. This thread made me start looking for more snapper info, and I've been binge watching for several days now. Have you seen this one? It changed how I look at snappers. I've been handling them and working with both alligator snappers and commons since the mid 90's, and this one video opened a whole new way of looking at them. I had no idea:

I feel like the people who have been breeding and keeping sulcatas and leopards dry for 30 years and all of a sudden realize how wrong they are/were about these animals they've been handling for so long...

I'm learning a lot and thoroughly enjoying your experience. Please continue these updates for a long time.
Definitely will keep the updates coming. Thats a great video! I watch a lot of Clints content but never seen this one. Thanks for the share!