Self-cleaning Sulcata pool

Norm619

Location (City and/or State)
Sahuarita Arizona
There doesn't seem a general discussion area for this so i'm putting it here. I live outside Tucson, Arizona. And I am looking at purchasing a wretch. And I figure it out a enclosure solution for the winter out here. But I need to find ideas for self-cleaning soaking pool design that will work for these guys. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I doubt it would work. Sulcata poop is bigger than dog poop, and has to be physically picked up and disposed of.

Norm619

Sahuarita Arizona
I doubt it would work. Sulcata poop is bigger than dog poop, and has to be physically picked up and disposed of.
That was my impression but I keep hearing from others that say it's possible. When I ask people how I never get a response. Considering what they eat is high in fiber I don't see how a system can be put together that would break it apart enough to filter it out. But I figured I would ask is maybe I'm missing something.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, 'breaking it up' is the problem. It comes out hard and like a big pellet. It's hard to break apart even with a garden tool.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How handy are you with electronics? I'm thinking if you could rig something like one of those self raking cat litter boxes.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There doesn't seem a general discussion area for this so i'm putting it here. I live outside Tucson, Arizona. And I am looking at purchasing a wretch. And I figure it out a enclosure solution for the winter out here. But I need to find ideas for self-cleaning soaking pool design that will work for these guys. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
What is a "wretch"?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what they think it is but to the rest of the world it's a despicable or contemptible person
I was just going to post to Tom what it was too. I have tried to think of what the word the OP might have meant to write. Lol