Seller beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
There is a lady named Carol, she goes by the name blessed3x. She "bought my tortoise from me a year ago, she was extremely "forgetful" or was super "busy" she was suppose to pay me on the agreed amount of $150 for my Russian tortoise, all his things including a $25 mvb. And a custom bookshelf enclosure, along with some mazuri. She promised and promised to send me a check every week there was some "disaster" that made it impossible to put a check in the mail. I sold the tortoise because my husband is in the military and we are moving to Japan and needed to find him a good home so I started looking a year
Before we were to move. I am not posting this to bash anyone but more to make sure people are careful when trusting people. I did tell this woman I was coming here to warn everyone about her as she "helps" people all the time :) thanks for your time!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
This is unfortunate. But never trust that you will "get a check in the mail" make sure you recieve the funds, or half before handing the goods over. Thank you for the warning. Sorry this happened to you...

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Yes. I assumed(you know what that means) that since her husband was retired navy she would be an honest person. After almost a year I told her to take a hike and I hope she can afford to care for the tortoise I gave her.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am so sorry this happened to you. Thank you for warning everyone!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry this happened. I do hope she is caring for the tort properly. Some people:(

Hopefully she will see this and make good on her very bad judgement. I looked her up. She posted a thread offering tortoise care for military being deployed. I can't believe she would do this. Very surprising, or she has scammed a lot of people out of their torts:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just checked her stats and she hasn't been on the Forum since October of last year.

I don't know how ethical it was, but this really got my goat and I sent her a "shame on you" email.

loyolaboy98

5 Year Member
Chicago, Illinois
I appologize but i had friends that did this to me, not with torts but still. And it doesn't even matter since she hasnt been online. But i sent her a pm asking how much she paid for the torts... :)

Kyle & Turbo

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Please keep in mind, we have not heard the other side of the story. It's best to not judge without all the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.