Septicaemia?

Molwal

Turned Alan over today to notice a very light pinkish area, can’t work out if it’s sepsis or growth lines? It’s very hard to actually see RussiIMG_2304.jpg

Molwal

Is he acting healthy, eating, pooping, active?

Eating normally, pooping normally, very active, not going to take any chances tho and will take him to the vets tomorrow, even if it just turns out to be a general check up. Seems better to safe

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Eating normally, pooping normally, very active, not going to take any chances tho and will take him to the vets tomorrow, even if it just turns out to be a general check up. Seems better to safe
Checkups are good.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Checkups are good.
With tortoises, check ups can be deadly. Not the wises advice when there probably isn't anything wrong. Too many vets don't know much about tortoises. Best leaving that advice for cat and dog owners. Unless there is really a reason to see a vet.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is usually seen more in hatchlings, the pinkish tone. I wouldn't run to a vet. I would just keep a close eye on it and if it doesn't get worse it's growth.

Molwal

I have booked him anyway as he didn’t make it to his final check up last year as I ended up having a stroke, I will take what they say with a pinch of salt as I have a lot more trust with this forum then most vets, will update on what they have to say

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I have booked him anyway as he didn’t make it to his final check up last year as I ended up having a stroke, I will take what they say with a pinch of salt as I have a lot more trust with this forum then most vets, will update on what they have to say

Just don’t let them give any treatment without a diagnosis, and definitely don’t let them give vitamin injections :)

Bee62

Germany
The septicaemia of tortoises never comes along without any other hints like being sluggish, not eating, hiding in dark cold areas. When a tort doesn`t show any other signs there is no danger of septicaemia.

Molwal

Vet trip went extremely well, she said that he had come on loads in the past year, has gained a load of weight, is very strong, very active and seems very healthy, said the lines are nothing to worry about but just keep an eye to make sure they don’t get any worse and his mood doesn’t change, due to the stress of being picked up and prodded he pooped everywhere which gave the vet the opportunity to get a sample to check to see if he may have any parasites as he’s been in the garden quite a bit this month due to the good weather. All seems clear at the moment

Bee62

Germany
Vet trip went extremely well, she said that he had come on loads in the past year, has gained a load of weight, is very strong, very active and seems very healthy, said the lines are nothing to worry about but just keep an eye to make sure they don’t get any worse and his mood doesn’t change, due to the stress of being picked up and prodded he pooped everywhere which gave the vet the opportunity to get a sample to check to see if he may have any parasites as he’s been in the garden quite a bit this month due to the good weather. All seems clear at the moment
Good news are always welcome !:) Thank you for the update.