Several Aldabras Have been Found Dead In A Forest In The UK

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good morning everyone!

@Yvonne G looking at the pictures of these tortoises they all had pyramiding so this man had no idea how to care and he should never own a tortoise ever again.

Natrah

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
10 year ban isn't enough in my opinion. He shouldn't deserve to own tortoises anymore. Ever.

Unfortunately the case is usually even worse here in Finland. A 2 year ban is common even in the worst cases. Especially with farm animals. I anyone is interested, here is one article in English about the situation in Finland: https://yle.fi/a/3-10966379 (TW: Animal abuse)

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Good evening everyone (@wellington, @Tim Carlisle, @MoggyMad),

Angie has updated me about the seven Aldabras and it seems that their owner didn't check on them over Xmas and their heating broke down. All the remaining tortoises were taken away and their owner has been banned from keeping tortoises for ten years, he was also fined and told to do unpaid community work.

Natrah
Thanx for the update!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Good evening everyone!

I've just heard that a 56 year old man has appeared in court and been charged with providing inadequate care for Aldabra Tortoises and dumping their bodies in a National Trust area.

Natrah
Thank you for the update. My heart's been in pieces since I first heard about the story. I'd like to see these people banned forever from keeping any animals again. I hope we can get there someday.

Alliegator28

Reading, pa
I wish the person could have just admitted their mistakes and let someone else raise them instead of hiding their shame for fear of the hate and ugliness that would be fall them if they only asked for help these poor beautiful indangered animals would still be alive