Sexing redfoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
I have had my redfoot about 2 1/2 years and she is about 6inches
and about 6years old when i purchased her i was told she was a female and where she was there was a male in the tank with her that looked completely different biggerhead and carapace etc...but when i bathe her this thing pops out her tail look at pics....
She has been doing this about 1 year sorry about my rude language but....
It looks like a penis but im pretty sure she is a female look ath the pics please... H-E-L-P-!-!

Attachments

• penis1.jpg
    penis1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 92
  • tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 71
  • tail2.jpg
    tail2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 63
  • tail3.jpg
    tail3.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 73

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
are you sure ...
I shown it 3 other people they told me different they said if it does not com out further its a female and thats' as far as it has come out
if he is a male what is that hole for at the bottom my mum said it is probably the hole where the penis goes in...!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
tyler0912 said:
are you sure ...
I shown it 3 other people they told me different they said if it does not com out further its a female and thats' as far as it has come out
if he is a male what is that hole for at the bottom my mum said it is probably the hole where the penis goes in...!

Yea its a male You asked a question got the answered you can listen to who you want but Danny know's what he is talking about its a male :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tell your mom that the hole is also where the penis comes out! :p

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Keep in mind that this is an IMMATURE male, or at least is not a fully mature male.
Give him a little time and your mum will be impressed that he is indeed a male.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
coreyc said:
tyler0912 said:
are you sure ...

Yea its a male You asked a question got the answered you can listen to who you want but Danny know's what he is talking about its a male :D

I agree that's a male. In fact I would believe Carl even more so since he and I both keep them now and have raised up hatchlings to adulthood.

The youngest/smallest Northern ( which you have tyler ) female I've had that produced hatchlings was in her 8th year @ just over 9" SCL. A Brazilian male from a hatchling was sexable in his 5th year at 7+" SCL. And again he was IMMATURE. But that doesn't mean he's a "dwarf".. it just means that Brazilian ( Cherryhead ) redfoot tortoises show sooner than Northerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.