sexually mature

Koen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belgium
Hi Guys,

If i can recall correctly, Kleinmanni females are sexually mature at around 300 grams or 6/7 years but what about males? 100grams? 5/6 years?

Thanks.

Koen

Salspi

Chicago
There’s a good video on YouTube. Ralph Til gives his opinion on this. I could sum it up but it’s much better if you watch and learn from a pro:

I’m guessing that with the males they know when instinctively to start reproducing. But, like you I’m not sure about this. So, I’m following along and hope to learn from someone who knows.

Last edited:

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
Ah I have seen this video and as I assumed, around 300 grams for females but the video doesn't really say anything about males rather than the 125 gram of 8 year old is a proven breeder.

Still curious :)

Rtill

10 Year Member!
Hello Salspi, thanks for the plug on the video. To answer Koen, the 125gr male mentioned in the video is at the low end of the weight parameters for a proven male(at least here). My breeding males average 165 gr. Hope this helps.

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
Thanks - that does help. So basically at around 125 they are sexually mature.

Thanks!

Salspi

Chicago
Hello Salspi, thanks for the plug on the video. To answer Koen, the 125gr male mentioned in the video is at the low end of the weight parameters for a proven male(at least here). My breeding males average 165 gr. Hope this helps.

Thanks Ralph- so great to get knowledge from you!