Sheldon bladder stones update

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And does it involve sudations
At this point if nothing is done he likely will or is suffering and will die. If he has anything done by a vet and has to be sedated and does what's the difference except he suffers if nothing is done.

Gem_2022

Chester
Sorry I'm not Yvonne or Tom and I certainly am not a Vet, but in an emergency situation, personally...if that is a stone right there at his cloaca, I'd get a syringe, remove the needle, load the syringe w/mineral oil and if you can... just add the oil into the cloaca, massage the cloaca very gently,no pressure, add a bit ,more oil, massage it. A more modern Veterinarian will cut a hole in the plastron just over the stone and remove it. I'd be for calling every teaching university within driving distance while oiling and massaging that stone ever so gently...but if you are not confident in this situation then don't...and do not use baby oil...mineral oil is what you want
The stone in the picture has been removed by a vet using a lubricant. Their is a bigger on in the centre of Sheldon and its too big to fit past his pelvis

Gem_2022

Chester
At this point if nothing is done he likely will or is suffering and will die. If he has anything done by a vet and has to be sedated and does what's the difference except he suffers if nothing is done.
Sheldon is so young that his chances of surviving a sedation are slim so the outcomes are all the same

Gem_2022

Chester
Guys sheldon is incredible, today he pushed out the stone which looked on the x-ray to be too big to fit past his pelvis! Sheldon is a little fighter. He is now empty with no stones in him. He is having a check up x-ray in a couple months to check no more have appeared so fingers are crossed. I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who commented and helped with support i can honestly say i thought we were gonna lose him. Not yet!

COmtnLady

Colorado
That is wonderful!

You need to share updates here as he grows. That is the best news all day!