Shell getting lighter

Romeo Serback

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Lerato's shell seems to get lighter by the day. I'm liking it. She might take after her mom, Freckles. I love my tortoise! Pictured is of her grazing on grass and the second is of her mom.

Attachments

• 20180823_163658.jpg
    20180823_163658.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20180823-164009_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180823-164009_Gallery.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 85

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
She also went from 65-75 grams in about 7 days after a soak and 2 big poops! Is that possible! It was hard measuring her as she's not shy. Lol. I had to hold her down as she was trying to force her neck out to see what was going on. And thanks to Monica (@Elohi), she's trained to eat out of my hand!

Attachments

• 20180823_170659.jpg
    20180823_170659.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • 20180823_170215.jpg
    20180823_170215.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
She also went from 65-75 grams in about 7 days after a soak and 2 big poops! Is that possible! It was hard measuring her as she's not shy. Lol. I had to hold her down as she was trying to force her neck out to see what was going on. And thanks to Monica (@Elohi), she's trained to eat out of my hand!
You have a very pretty tortoise [emoji6]I love em

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
Well lucky you[emoji16] how many torts do you have?
I only have the one. Lerato was hatched April 21st and I got her from @Elohi. Her parents are Watson and Freckles. You can see them on YouTube and you will be amazed by her other female, BEANS! Now that's a beautiful leopard if you have ever seen one. Please check it out. I was hoping Lerato came from BEANS' lineage, but not the case. As you can see, she's still gorgeous.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
@Elohi is that #14?
14? And in the first picture. Is that growth between the scutes? She is gaining weight fast! Closed chamber and I don't get any lower than 85 degrees at any one point. I vary her diet with NO fruit concentrating mainly on grasses. I soak her 20-30 minutes almost every day, and get her some natural sunlight 3-4 times a week for 20-30 minutes per. I also mist her once a day during the afternoon. The basking is about 95-110, cool area is 86-88. I put moist sphagnum moss in her half log hide and she doesn't eat it! Water is always available and so is food. I alter between, mixed greens, grasses, weeds, hibiscus leaves and plants, endive, escarole, Zoomed, cactus, aloe vera, and i alternate thrice weekly between a sprinkling of vitamins/calicium. I skip one day altogether. I'm hoping to keep her in her current vivarium until next spring (2'x2') because with the aliminum foil top, it holds the humidity in well. She's just under 3 inches, by the way. So in a nutshell, that's what I've been doing since I got her on August 1st. And I just got seeds from Tortoise Supply. I ordered the African grazer mix and Testudo mix. They were late, so to compensate, they gave me two extra bags of different weeds and so forth. I planted them today. Sorry for the long paragraph, but it's an honor for you to comment on my thread Tom. YOU DA MAN!!!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
@Elohi is that #14?

Hey Tom!
That’s actually Freckles. Although they look similar. BTW I’ve always wondered where #14 came from? Was she from a TFO member so I could see the parents? She’s such a unique girl.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey Tom!
That’s actually Freckles. Although they look similar. BTW I’ve always wondered where #14 came from? Was she from a TFO member so I could see the parents? She’s such a unique girl.
She was hatched by me and her egg was laid by a friend's tortoise. He was told both parents were SA leopards. They weren't. But she's a lovely tortoise. You can see her as a baby in some of my older threads.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
She was hatched by me and her egg was laid by a friend's tortoise. He was told both parents were SA leopards. They weren't. But she's a lovely tortoise. You can see her as a baby in some of my older threads.
So you had Freckles initially Tom? She was your hatchling? And I guess my Lerato is 100% PB? She's growing fast! 10 gram growth in over a week.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
So you had Freckles initially Tom? She was your hatchling? And I guess my Lerato is 100% PB? She's growing fast! 10 gram growth in over a week.

No, Freckles isn’t from Tom. #14 is a different female, who is actually now named Murphy.