Shell growth opinions

BeauBen

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol uk
2 year old leopard tortoises.
Just want to get a second opinion on how well these guys shells are doing :)

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0511.jpeg
    IMG_0511.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking good, maybe very slight pyramiding.
The biggest thing is they need to be separated ASAP! They are living in constant stress, the little one is likely being bullied and you are doing them bad by housing them together.

BeauBen

Bristol uk
Looking good, maybe very slight pyramiding.
The biggest thing is they need to be separated ASAP! They are living in constant stress, the little one is likely being bullied and you are doing them bad by housing them together.
I completely understand what you’re saying but I have not noticed any sort of displaying of stress nor lack of appetite or shelling up.
But if I do I will straight away separate them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You are not getting it! Just being together is stress! The signs of bullying is not always obvious. But if you know more than what has been learned over years and years on this forum from people with way more experience then continue on and your poor tortoises will pay for it!
I have leopards btw and know first hand!

BeauBen

Bristol uk
You are not getting it! Just being together is stress! The signs of bullying is not always obvious. But if you know more than what has been learned over years and years on this forum from people with way more experience then continue on and your poor tortoises will pay for it!
I have leopards btw and know first
I know signs of bullying are not obvious as I have 7 leopard tortoises in total and have been keeping them for a long time and as I said I’m just looking for a second opinion on their shell growth. As I said I am keeping a close eye on these two till I move them out to my bigger pen.