Shell improvement?

tawn

My Russian tortoise is 6 yrs old, healthy, very active, smart & spoiled. His shell has peeled so I'm wondering if there is a tortoise shell lotion or saave (SP?) out there I can but from amazon or a particular site?
Thanks in advance!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Can you post a picture of the shell so we can see what you are talking about?

Is he inside? If so, can you give us some pictures of the enclosure, especially of the lights.

tawn

I live in Minnesota, so in the winter he's inside, he does roam the house throughout the day when I'm home. In the summer he's outside (weather permitted). He has a closed, netted enclosure with open bottom to dig in the dirt & eat the grass). He is very spoiled w the the right veggies & fruits. I am at work & will send shell pix asap.

tawn

In the last 3 years he yet to do that...But that is not what I am asking about. Have you used any type of lotion, oil made for tortoise shells before?

M

Maggie Cummings

If that's going to be your indoor table you know you need to make the sides higher right? Russian tortoises can climb. you'll find him on the floor before long. And more often once he figures it out.

No substrate? Tortoises like to dig and bury themselves. I believe a good substrate is important..